Health Benefits Of Straight Teeth
According to the American Dental Association (ADA) a little known way to reduce your chances of contracting heart disease, diabetes or stroke, having straighter teeth can improve your mind, body and mouth. Having a visit planned to the Best Dentist for Straight teeth helps this cause immensely.
It’s actually not just your teeth, but also what holds them in place: Your gums. When your teeth are crooked, your gums are more susceptible to collecting harmful bacteria, which can lead to health complications.
Increased bacteria is just one of many health issues associated with malaligned crooked teeth. It also comes with a host of other problems, including weakened enamel, lower self-esteem and other problems that could be alleviated by having your teeth straightened.
WAYS STRAIGHT TEETH MAKE YOU HEALTHIER
1. Makes teeth easier to clean – Crowded teeth are much more difficult to floss, which can lead to plaque buildup and eventually tooth decay. The inability to remove all the food caught in the brackets and wires of metal braces can also lead to a similar outcome.
2. Prevents abnormal tooth wear – Crowded bottom teeth often cause one or more teeth to jut out, which rub against the upper teeth. Over time, this leads to an inefficient chewing function and can cause undue wear to tooth enamel.
3. Gives Healthy Gums – When teeth are too widely spaced or crowded, they often become inflamed and red. These characteristics not only look bad, they’re a sign of periodontal disease.
Straightening your teeth helps the gums fit more securely around the teeth, creating the strongest defense against periodontal problems.
4. Decreases your risk of tooth injury – Protruding or crowded teeth , protruding upper teeth are more likely to be broken in the event of an accident.
5. Decreases headaches or neck pain – Crooked teeth place excessive stress on the gums and the bone that supports the teeth. This can also be a sign of a jaw misalignment, which can lead to chronic headaches as well as face or neck pain.
6. Improves self-esteem and happiness – An important component of your overall health is your mental health. Numerous studies have shown that having a better looking smile increases the amount you smile, which in turn leads to various health benefits, including lower stress and improved cognition.
7. Improves overall health – The tooth decay and gum disease associated with crooked teeth are caused by decay. Left untreated, this bacteria can lead to mouth sores, bleeding gums and possible tooth loss.
Fortunately, a solution like Invisalign provides an easy, nearly transparent way to achieve straight teeth. Invisalign Treatment in Bangalore relies on retainer-like transparent aligners to correct your teeth. Every two weeks, you put in a new set of aligners, which continue to shift your teeth incrementally. Patients who choose Invisalign are generally attracted to the fact that it doesn’t rely on bulky metal braces to give you a great smile.
Additionally, Invisalign aligners are easy to remove, so you can brush and floss your teeth without interruption. Cosmetically, this also prevents stains from accumulating on your teeth, as is common with metal braces.
Average cases take between 8-12 months and a year, but differ widely depending on individual case.
To determine if Invisalign is feasible, Invisalign consultation can be setup with our Best Dentist for Invisible Braces. To know more visit our centre or visit our website www.smylifedental.co.in
Comments are closed here.