WHAT IS DENTAL IMPLANT?
Implants that have developed over a period of 30 years are revolutionary technique for effective replacement of missing teeth.
This is a 2 stage procedure. To start with, a screw-like titanium fixture is placed in the bone underneath your gum tissue. This usually takes less than an hour using only a local anesthesia. The second stage involves the placement of a special ceramic crown or any other restoration.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS OVER A CONVENTIONAL CROWN OR BRIDGE?
- With dental Implants mouth is restored to its natural state. With Implants the entire tooth including its root is replaced. This matches the function of natural teeth with a strong foundation that allows proper chewing function so that you can enjoy foods too difficult to eat with traditional replacements.
- Adjacent teeth are not compromised to replace missing teeth which is mandatory in case of fabrication of a fixed partial denture or a bridge.
- Better oral hygiene: an implant-supported crown can be cleaned and flossed like natural teeth.
- Painful and inflamed gums are eliminated.
- No adhesives are required.
Of all the different types of Implants placed in the body, DENTAL IMPLANTS are considered to be the most successful and predictable in their bio-integration and acceptance in the body. Implants are clinically proven, with a success rate more than 90%.